Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Photo an Hour

A few of the blogs I follow have done posts called "A Photo an Hour" where you simply take a picture every hour throughout your day and post them. I've always  said I'd love to be a fly on the wall...kinda the same concept...so here goes yesterday, Wednesday, by the hour!



6:30am. I start hearing Elliot around 5:45 usually. Jabbering, moving around his bed. I try to wait until at least 6:15 to go get him. And yes, we should be done with the bottle by 16 months. I'm working on it! He's SO growny about so much, I don't really mind this little thing =)


7:30am. Already wanting to go play outside.


8:30am. A few goldfish for a snack. Lucy knows if she's patient he'll either drop something or just give it straight to her. 

9:30am. Sometimes Elliot takes one nap and sometimes it's two. This day he took a morning nap so I got in my devotional time and a little reading. This is a GREAT  book if you're a Mama to little people!


10:30am. Already up and hungry. A few strawberries to munch on. 



11:30am. It's practically impossible to keep this boy inside past about 11am. Outside we go. Lately he love playing in our cars. Hits buttons, crawls from front seat to back seat and hangs his head out the window. 


12:30pm. Across the street at my grandparents house. Elliot was in Grandpa's workshop "helping" him. Found a ladder and climbed all the way up. Alone! Grandpa had to help him down, but man that kid can climb!



1:30pm. Trying to keep this boy busy. He'll only color for a few minutes without trying to draw on my chairs or the table cloth, but it's fun while it lasts!


2:30pm. Yay! Dad is awake and can play (or help me!). Matt works 3rd shift for about 2 months and day shift for 2 months. Right now he's on nights. He's usually up by 1:30 or 2...and me and Elliot are BOTH glad to see him!


3:30pm. Mile and half walk around the neighborhood. I take every opportunity to soak up the spring weather. Before we know it we'll be having 90 degree temps here in Georgia. Yuck!


3:35pm. Technically 2 photos for this hour but I had to show you what Elliot looked like by the end of our walk. Ha! Naptime anybody?


4:30pm. While Matt and Elliot napped I went to see my sister and her kiddos. Chat time in the playroom ya'll. Time well spent!


5:30pm. Dinner. Jambalya. Simple and Elliot will eat it. Win/Win. 


6:30pm. We had my sis, her husband and 2 kids over for brownies and coffee after dinner. Look at what 3 kids can do in about 15 minutes flat. I can't think of a better reason for a mess though. I'd have family over EVERY night if I could. 


7:30pm. Bath time. For some reason he was more interested in trying to climb the tub this night than getting wet. Oh well. 

8:30pm. Baby in bed. Time to chat with my handsome husband. 


9:30pm. Still chatting and now we're clearly boring Lucy to sleep (although it doesn't take much to do that). 


10:30pm. One last check of the video monitor and to bed we head. 
 
Exciting? Maybe not, but that was my Wednesday. Some days we're barely home and some days we don't even pull out of the driveway...but that's perfectly fine with us!

I'd love to see your day by the hour =)

~Amy~

1 comment: