Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Elliot Update: 6 months old!

Elliot will be 6 months old on Thursday! Wow! Time flies when you're having fun. I'd like to do a little update like this every month till his birthday...they change SO fast!

Here are some Elliot's current stats:
-He's about 20 pounds
-Size 3 diaper (he's been in these for a while now)
-9 and 12 months clothing depending on the brand
-Usually naps 3 times a day. Each nap is anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half.
-Goes to bed around 8:30, usually sleeps till at least 6:15-30, sometimes longer. 95% of the time he sleeps all the way thru the night. If he does wake, we feed him and lay him right back down. He usually sleeps later in the morning if that happens.
-He can roll from his stomach to his back, but it usually happens when he's in his bed. (and so far he won't sleep on his back, so we have to go in and flip him back over right now!). He's very close to rolling from back to tummy, but hasn't yet.
-He can sit unsupported. I put the Boppy pillow around him because he never sits still very long. When he see's something he wants, he makes a lunge for it, and over he goes =)
-He still LOVES to eat! Any fruit or vegetable I've given him, he'll eat. During the day he usually eats every 3-4hours.
-Loves (diluted) apple juice and water.

For the most part, this age is alot of fun! He smiles alot, laughs, makes all kinds of funny faces and sounds. He's extremely inquisitive, grabs anything he can get his hands on (and usually tries to put it in his mouth). Everyone keeps warning me about how rough things will get when he can crawl or walk, but I'm ready! I think he'd be content alot longer if he could get around a little better without me having to pick him up and move him. 

Anyways- that's where we are right now, in a nut shell. Here's my boy lately...in the form of cell phone pics. 

In the grocery store, putting anything within grasp in his mouth.
Sitting up
In the lawn chair that Papa got him
Little chubby baby
Knocked out on Dad
Sometime this week, me and April have a little crafty/sewing project planned. If all goes well I'll post a tutorial! It's been way too long since I got to use my sewing machine, so I'm excited =)

Have a splendid Tuesday folks!

~Amy~

3 comments:

  1. He's so adorable...I can't believe he's 6 months already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute post! I should do this w/ Rowan every month. I cannot believe how time flies. Happy 1/2 birthday little Bubba =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a handsome boy!
    Thanks so much for linking up with my blog party!!!

    ReplyDelete