Monday, May 16, 2011

ABC's of Me

 Hi! I'm alive and well! Sorry for being so absent in the blog-world lately. I've just been completely lost in the busyness of life. The day in, day out grind, ya know? Sometimes I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel and can't get off! In between all of the busyness I've had alot of fun though! I'll do an update post later in the week to catch you up, but today I wanted to do a fun post. Just a little Q and A in the form of a alphabetized list:

A. Age: 30! Holy cow, I can't believe it either!
 
B. Bed size: KING. I can't even imagine sleeping in a smaller bed with my tall (6'7") husband...and the dog...and occasionally the cat. Yeah, I don't know how we get any sleep either =)
 
C. Chore you hate: Washing bottles. So many parts. I'm thinking it's a reason to breastfeed next time all on it's own.

D. Dogs: I'm definitely a dog person. I love all animals but I can't imagine my life without a dog. Such unconditional, all forgiving love and trust.
Lucy on Halloween a few years ago.
E. Essential start to your day: Coffee. Clearly.
 
F. Favorite color: Green...and sometimes pink...and lately purple. =)
 
G. Gold or silver: Usually silver, but gold's making a major come back!
 
H. Height: 5’3. I'm a shorty. And that's right, my husband is a full 16 inches taller than me!
Yep, I'm standing on a bench and FINALLY eye level with him =)
I. Instruments you play: None. A few years of piano lessons but not much to show for it.

J. Job title: Stay at Home Mama and wife. House manager?

I. I love: my family.
Mother's Day 2011
K. Kids: Yep, I've got one...and boy is he CUTE. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone's told me that they'd always hoped they had a red headed baby. It gets kind of weird at a point.

L. Live: in Georgia. Born, raised and lived here all my life!

M. Mom’s name: Kris. She's the best Mama ever!
Me and Elliot, my Mama and Rylie, April and Rowan on Mother's Day
N. Nicknames: Not sure I have any?? The only thing other I'm known by is Auntie...and that's just for Rylie and Rowan. And I just realized the other day that Matt and I call each other Baby most of the time when we're at home.
 
O. Overnight hospital stays: once, when Elliot was born.
 
P. Pet peeve: Bad drivers, rude service people, people showing up to your house unannounced...

Q. Quote from a movie:
Joe Fox: It wasn't... personal.
Kathleen Kelly: What is that supposed to mean? I am so sick of that. All that means is that it wasn't personal to you. But it was personal to me. It's *personal* to a lot of people. And what's so wrong with being personal, anyway?
Joe Fox: Uh, nothing.
Kathleen Kelly: Whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal.
-from You've Got Mail

R. Right or left handed: righty
 
S. Siblings: Twin sister April. Don't tell Matt, but she's my other half. I would be lost in this world without her.

T. Time you wake up: Whenever Elliot wakes up, He's the boss (for now).
 
U. Underwear: Yes, I'm a fan of it.
 
V. Vegetables you dislike: Eggplant and Cauliflower. Yuck.
 
W. What makes you run late: Matt and sometimes Elliot
 
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Pretty sure chest x-ray's when I was younger and x-ray's on my teeth are all I've had.
 
Y. Yummy food you make: I make all kinds of yummy foods. Wish I had time to cook more...but unless I can do it with one hand (and a baby in the other arm), I can't do it right now.

Z. Zoo- favorite animal: Giraffes!!  I love them. But, does anyone else get a little depressed at the zoo? Exotic animals in tiny pens...i don't know, maybe I over think things =)


I got to go on a little walk with my sis and our kiddos this morning and the weather was gloriously cool =) Apparently it exhausted the boys:
Have a great Monday ya'll!
~Amy~

2 comments: