Wednesday, December 1, 2010

About a Boy

Oh, how quickly life has changed. It's amazing to me all the months of preparation that go into having a baby...and then in a flash- you're on a ride called parenthood. So far- it's fun, tiring, rewarding, anxiety-provoking, fulfilling, joyful...and I've only been doing this for about 12 days! And all of what I've heard is true. Nothing can truely prepare you for being a parent. On-the-job training and trial and error are just about the only things that will teach you. Everyday is new and different...I have a new job and ya'll my boss can be SO unpredictable, but, boy is he CUTE =)

My sis blogged about Elliot's birth here, so I'm not going to go into a long and detailed birth story. I will say that I think I was VERY blessed. I have a great doctor, had very sweet nurses and a great support team in the delivery room with me (my Mama, April and Matt). All together, my labor was 11ish hours. The last hour and a half was pretty much just me pushing. Apparently Elliot liked where he was and wasn't terribly interested in joining us here on the outside! And let me just say- Matt was a rock star during labor. Nothing grossed him out, he watched everything, hardly left my side...I wasn't too surprised at how well he did...but I think he was. Here are few of the first pics after he was born...

Hi, I'm new and perfect!

This kid loves to have his hair washed...the bath part- NO. Wrap him up and wash his hair and he loves it.

Hi little boy, I couldn't love you any more if I tried.
I can only say that most of life after 5:25pm, November 19th sped up and hasn't stopped. As all Mamas know, I guess, your life becomes a long blur of feedings and diaper changes. Not that I mind, that's the name of the game at this point...I'm just trying to enjoy the little moments, because as nearly everyone has told me: he won't be this little very long! So when I'm done feeding him at 3am and all he wants to do is stare wide awake at me...or when he won't nap unless he's laying ON me...I DO realize before I know it, he'll be walking and talking and not needing Mama so much and I'll be trying desperately to remember the times he was SO teeny-tiny, needy and cuddly. 


On a completely different note...I've decided to try to do a 30-day Blog Challenge. My cousin Jessica and my sister are both doing the challenge...and I'm jumping on the bandwagon! See Jessica's blog for a full listing of the challenge for each day...but here's the one for today:


Day 1 - A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was.
 
 
This the very first pic of me and Matt together. Taken in January 2007 (i think)...at a Jonathan and Lisa Moore concert. We'd known each other less than a month. Oh, that seems like light-years ago! And MY how life has changed since then!! ALL for the better =)


As for my day (even though it's not even 2pm yet)...it's been great so far. Elliot woke at 12ish, 3ish and 7:30ish (which ain't too shabby folks). Matt left for work for the first time since Elliot was born...which was a little sad. I've SO enjoyed having him here...even if he was working, just being able to walk in his office and see him was awesome. Then I had my sister and my sweet friend Jessi here for coffee this morning (since Elliot isn't really supposed to go out in public places yet)...fed Mr. Baby again and now I'm finally finishing this blog...and all before lunch! The rest of the day will be more diapering and feeding for Elliot, maybe some housework (baby permitting), and hopefully getting my tree decorated tonight! It's been up for days now...time to get it looking pretty =)


And now I'll leave you with a picture...of Elliot. That's all people really want to see now anyways, right? Well, I certainly don't mind sharing!
Just hangin' out with Mama this morning.


See you tomorrow (hopefully) for Day 2 of the 30-Day Blog Challenge!


~Amy~

4 comments:

  1. He is adorable!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, Amy! Elliot is such a doll. I'm so glad you're going to do the 30 day blog challenge with April and I! This should be fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay. Great blog! Also glad you're up for the blog-challenge! I am SO in love with little Elliot Matthew and I'm so glad you're on this journey of motherhood with me! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete