Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Adventure Ahead

I had my 30 week doctor's appointment today. I was in and out in 10 minutes I think. I'm measuring right on target and Elliot's heartbeat was 155, right where it should be...and I was outta there! 

Lately though, I've been thinking alot about how drastically my life is going to change in 9 (or less) weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO excited about my little Elliot coming...beyond excited. But, it's a major life change! What will his personality be like? His sleeping habits? How will Matt react to fatherhood? Will me and Matt ever be able to spend time alone again?  I've read nearly everything I can get my hands on about what to expect...from books to blogs...my brain is FULL of information I may or may not actually use...but somehow I think on-the-job training is just about the only way I'm going to learn the job of motherhood. 

So with that being said- I've decided not to worry about the details...they'll sort themselves out. I'm just going to take a deep breath and try to live in the moment. Enjoy my little boy, enjoy watching my husband become a father (he's going to be great!), kiss him and love him and soak up every precious minute of it. 

Life will never be the same again- and that's ok with me! 





2 comments:

  1. You'll do great! Don't worry about the unknown. Plus you have tons of help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to April's comment...can't wait to welcome him to our family! :)

    ReplyDelete