Wednesday, September 29, 2010

5 Things


I'm taking a cue from my sister and posting a "5 Things" post. I've always been a list-maker so it does seem appropriate.

1- I'm now 32 weeks pregnant...8 more weeks to go! I really can't believe I'm into the single digits as far as weeks left. Part of me wants Elliot her right this minute and part of me feels like putting the brakes on. Am I ready? Can you EVER be ready?
A pic of me at my first baby shower...at 32 weeks pregnant.

2- Christmas. Yes, it's already on my radar. As much as I LOVE Christmas, it's usually not on my radar til at least Halloween. However, this year it's occurred to me that I will have a 3-4 week old baby at Christmas this year, yikes! When will I Christmas shop? decorate my house? get Christmas cards out? In theory, I could be Christmas shopping now...but I'm just not in that frame of mind yet, ya know? Guess I need to GET in that mindset quick! Or let my husband do all the shopping...yeah right!

3- I'm nervously excited about getting back into shape after the baby. Excited because I do love to be healthy and challenge myself with workouts. Nervous because I've never had to balance the needs of a child in with finding time to work out. To add to that- will I have time to cook healthy stuff? I know from personal experience (and being a former chef) that finding recipes that are healthy, quick AND inexpensive is NOT easy to come by. All I can do is look at this as a challenge. It may be challenging, but it's not impossible. With all of that said...I'm going to enjoy my last 8 weeks of not really caring what I eat!

4- Elliot's nursery is ALMOST complete. With the help of the baby shower last weekend I finally have some baby "gear" other than furniture and bedding. There are still quite a few important things that I need but I do have another shower at church in about a week and a half...so I'll probably get some of those things then. Also- I guess because the nursery bedding has monkeys on it people ran with that for his clothing too. I got TONS of clothes for him with little monkeys on them! Poor kid's going to think HE'S a monkey! It's OK...he'll be a cute little monkey...but still, no more monkeys in this kids wardrobe for a while...til it balances out a little. I have a few more decorative things to add to the nursery and then I'll do a full nursery pic post...but it's not QUITE ready yet.
Here are just some Elliot's monkey-themed outfit

5- Fall is FINALLY here! I've been ready for it for weeks now. The house already has a little fall flair but now the weather is actually starting to follow suite, yay! I plan to celebrate by starting to cook some great soups...soups and stews say fall to my belly =) I've already found 3 or 4 on Better Home's and Garden's website that I want to try!

And that's 5! I hope everyone has a great week! Enjoy this wonderful weather!

4 comments:

  1. Great post...can't believe we'll be holding Elliot in 8 weeks...exciting times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mama, great post! I can't believe that's just a FEW of the monkey items he has! And I'm also "nervously excited" about getting back in shape after the baby, but it IS possible =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could have been there for your shower. You got sooo many cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish ya'll could have been here too! Ya'll definitely have to come see us sometime soon after Elliot arrives!

    ReplyDelete