Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Halloween Decor and More!

It's been a busy week so far...and it's only Wednesday! I'm generally a fan of staying busy, so this has been a good week. 

Tuesday I had my first NST (non-stress test) at my OB's office. I have to get these because the ultrasound tech who did our 4D ultrasound told me I needed to mention to my doc that the cord was near the baby's face and up near his head. My doctor said that this was called a "nuchal cord". It's nothing strange and weird...but he does want me to come in twice a week (for the rest of my pregnancy) and get a NST, to make sure Elliot's heart rate is good, he's moving like he should and he isn't stressed. 
Here is one of the 4D pics...you can see the cord kind of draped across his chest, right under his chin.

The monitor with the blue strap monitors the baby's heart rate, the one with the pink strap monitors any possible contractions.


I also had a little clicker in my hand that i had to hit every time Elliot moved. I'd brought a book to read during the test...but every time I picked it up to read, he would move...and I'd have to put the book down and hit the clicker...i eventually gave up and just sat there. I only had to sit there for 30 minutes and the nurse said the baby "behaved perfectly". Yay! My next NST is Thursday and I'll see my doc afterwards. 


I also wanted to share some of the Halloween decorations I've slowly been putting up around my house...
My new mum and pumpkin...Home Depot had great prices on both!   

The wreath on my front door (Marshalls).
A little Halloween garland on the wrought iron on my front porch.
My "Happy Haunting" banner that I won on this wonderful blog!

And a few more little touches...
 Lastly, I wanted to share a little craft project I did. It's not step by step...just before and after...but if you want to know how to do it my friend Kathlyn blogged about this great idea here.
Here are the supplies: candles (i used tapers), glue, glitter, candle holders and tin foil.
And here is my finished product!
 It was really easy and I think it looks pretty great! I'm hoping to do a few more crafty projects this week and next (mainly to keep myself busy while my sis is away in Virginia) so hopefully I can share those too!

~Amy~


















 
 

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I am looking forward to a little extra spending money for some fun fall crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've found so many great crafting and decorating blogs lately that I'm having to pace myself...make a list of projects i want to attempt and slowly start on them!
    ~Amy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool project! Nice Halloween decorations...and about that NST...Elliot just wanted you to read aloud to him! That's my GRANDson! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first project I want to do when we get home is these candles (heck you already have 1/2 the supplies =) Don't do anything too fun w/out me while i'm gone. I'll miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those candles! Such a great idea. Elliot is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!! The decor is great and the candles turned out fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete