Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Five

Randomosity in the form of a list...gotta love it =) It's a little chaotic AND a little organized!

1-Elliot's room is almost finished!There are still a few more things I need regarding baby gear...but nothing major. As far as decorating, I have 1 more thing to get up on the wall. Well, actually 3. It's a series of prints I got and framed but have yet to hang (oh the joys of having an old house with concrete walls!). As soon as those are hung (hopefully this weekend) I'll do a full out nursery post. 

Until the full post...I'll just share this!
 
2-I've been a organizing fiend this week. I guess I feel like any little thing I can organize right now, while I have the time, can only make my life just a teeny bit simpler after Elliot gets here. Just this week I've organized the kitchen utensil drawers,the (previously VERY congested) area around our microwave and the jewelry "situation" that had been brewing on top of the dresser in our bedroom. It's amazing what some plastic drawer organizers and little hooks can accomplish as far making sense of things. I did end up throwing quite a bit out too...kitchen tools that were kind of getting gross, unmatched earrings or jewelry that had broken. I've realized that I need to take inventory of what I have alot more often!

Revamped microwave area...
kitchen drawers...
Just part of my jewelry organization (this is the inside of my bedroom closet)...the earrings, pendants and bracelets got separated into a clear plastic drawer organizer that 3 compartments and placed in the top drawer of our dresser.
 
3-Twice weekly OB appointments...they're getting old. One day a week I'm only there for about 45 minutes...the other time its usually at least an hour and a half. On the positive side- I get to hear my baby's heartbeat twice a week and make sure he's a-OK in there. I DO have a Kindle now...so I always have something good to read (right now I'm reading- The Help by Kathryn Stockett- GREAT read). And, the staff at my OB's office couldn't be nicer...I may actually miss seeing some of them when I stop going so often! Ohhh. just 4 more weeks of this at MOST. I think I can, I think I can...

4- I've been thinking about Christmas alot this week. I'm pretty sure Christmas THIS year is going to be a bit of a blur. I'll have a teeny, precious baby that I'll be getting to know- I'm pretty sure that's all I'm going to remember about Christmas 2010...and I'm OK with that. But Christmas as a family in general...from here on out...THAT I'm excited about! I have so many wonderful memories of childhood Christmases. Traditions we kept EVERY year, the music we listened to, the foods we ate, the family gatherings that HAD to take place to make it feel like Christmas...all the way down to which side of the fireplace MY gifts were always on. I just hope I can make Elliot's Christmas memories as sweet and wonderful as my own!

Our little family...sometime in the mid-80's I'm guessing

5- It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. When is it coming on television?? Doesn't it usually come on right about now? Dying to see it already. It's not Halloween until I've seen that movie.
Also- "I got a rock"   =)

*I looked it up and found out it comes on ABC on Thursday, Oct. 28th! My DVR is already set folks!*



Have a marvelous weekend y'all!

~Amy~

2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog! Memories...sweet memories! :) And more to come! And the organizing...impressive...don't you want to come get your Mama organized? j/k
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the organizing. Feel free to come help me! It looks great! Also love the Christmas picture! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete