Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Scones!


I needed a project today and this turned out to be a tasty one. My sister and her little family are in Virginia and I'm quickly realizing how much me and April do together! I don't have a side-kick right now...not cool! On the plus side, they're having a wonderful time...and I'm trying to fill my free time with housework, thank-you card writing, organizing and other projects. 

My project today was Pumpkin Spice Scones! My friend Megon posted this recipe this morning on Facebook and I knew I'd have to try them. First of all, Megon is an excellent baker- so I knew if she tried it and liked it, it was a good one. Secondly, I LOVE the Pumpkin Spice scones at Starbucks and these are a great version of them. 

Here are a few pics of the process:

The wet and dry ingredients
The butter before cutting it in...
Ready to be baked!
Ready for the glaze to be brushed on...
Ready to be enjoyed!
 These were much easier to make than I anticipated...and quite moist and delicious! Next time I make them I'm going to cut each of the larger triangles into two...I went by the recipe and they ARE the same size as the ones at Starbucks...but I can only eat half of one at a time. I will definitely be making these again. 


Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! 


~Amy~





1 comment: