Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Very Minor Makeover

A few days ago I was in Target and saw this really cute printed duct tape and wondered- what in the world do people do with that?? Well, last night my good friend Erin was telling me that a friend of hers used it to cover her Bible. That got me thinking about my Bible...it once had a beautiful leather cover with some embroidery on it but has since gotten pen marks and some kind of liquid stain on it. I'd bought an inexpensive canvas cover for it, but have never been too fond of it. It's not terribly cute or stylish...and I hate zipping and unzipping it during church. SO- I picked up some duct tape at Target this morning and did a little Bible makeover of my own! Here is my before and after:


I really should have taken better pics (these were taken with my phone), and probably shouldn't have taken them on my shaggy rug (not the best background for pictures!)...but you get the idea I think!

I'm quite pleased with the results...and it only took me about 15 minutes to do! My only question is- What else can I do with printed duct tape? Any ideas?

~Amy~

4 comments:

  1. I love the way that turned out, it looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! Love it! Hmmm Not sure what else you could do with it... Maybe cover an ugly picture frame?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh. I like Jessi's idea! Have you googled it? It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link to some videos of various duct tape activities:
    http://www.monkeysee.com/play/14637-how-to-make-duct-tape-crafts

    ReplyDelete