Saturday, February 19, 2011

Forgotten Cookies...Remembered

We all have things that instantly take us back to our childhood. Certain songs, t.v. shows, even recipes. Forgotten cookies definitely take me back! First of all they're delicious. They're simple meringue cookies with chocolate chips...but when I was little the taste was the second best thing about them. My favorite thing about them was that we always made them before bed and woke up to cookies! Because they are meringues, you basically turn your oven on to preheat, put them in and turn the oven off and forget about them for at least 6 hours (good luck with that, i've never forgotten about cookies in the oven!). 
So in an effort to get really good at making these before Elliot gets big enough to remember them...I set out to make them this morning. I planned on making them last night...but quickly decided that running the mixer on high right after putting the baby in bed could be a bad idea. I didn't have the recipe my Mama uses...so I googled it and found this one. The only thing I did differently was that I didn't put peanuts in mine. We never did when I was little...so I omitted them and just did another cup or so, (I eyeballed it) of chocolate chips. I'm not going to detail the instructions since I linked to the recipe...BUT here are a few pics...
Here are the ingredients...and my beautiful mixer
Elliot wanted to "help"...which i guess meant- hang out in his Moby wrap...asleep =)
On the cookie sheet and ready to hang out in the oven for 6 hours
The finished product
I must say- they were all I remembered them to be. Basically chocolate chips encased in a crunchy/chewy cloud. Try them, you'll love them! 

What are some recipes that "take you back"? I'd love to try them out! Happy Saturday Ya'll!

~Amy~

2 comments:

  1. These were SO good. In fact we have one left now and I think I'll hide it so that Jason won't eat it.

    ReplyDelete